[mythtv-users] Possible 'holy grail' of frontends?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 6 21:49:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:22 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>    It's hard to know what the future will bring.

That's the whole point of a general purpose CPU.  It can do anything.

>    My (cheap) asrocks might not "stand the test of time" but at least they
> only cost me half as much as my previous generation of frontend hardware.
>
>    They were pretty simple to deal with too.

The thing is, they're not that much cheaper than a regular
put-together-for-you general purpose system, as long as you're willing
to go for something slightly physically larger.

E.g.:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883114094

eMachines EL1352-07E (L-PT.NC902.004) Desktop PC Athlon II X2
220(2.80GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now: $264.99

Eric