[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime out for delivery - Any issues installing?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:16:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM, lists.md301 <lists.md301 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A question related to this procedure:  if I'm using a previously established
> channel lineup which works for STB-Firewire (which also tunes by virtual
> channel number), do I still need to create a new separate line-up, using a
> testing tuner and retrieving lineup-info from SchedulesDirect?  Or can I
> re-purpose that lineup?  (In my case, I plan on replacing the STB with the
> PRIME.)  My assumption is that that the channel fetch fills in the actual
> virtual number for each channel.  If that's all it does and is required for
> using the PRIME, I should be good to go, right?  Or is some other magic
> happening?

In theory, it *should* work, but I have dealt with at least one person
who tried to do this and had it not work on them-- a fresh lineup
worked properly for them.  Since I didn't look at that user's channel
table, I can't be sure he did it properly, so YMMV.

That said, you probably won't want to use your firewire lineup, as
remember 5C protection and CCI flags do *not* have a direct
relationship with one another, and that the Prime has to behave
according to some CableLabs rules that firewire doesn't.
Specifically, if CGMS for the channel is rcd-protected (Broadcast flag
present in the stream), and there is no CCI set on the channel, the
prime is not permitted to stream the data to anything but WMC.  In my
market this is about a half dozen channels including some ClearQAM
ones.  I'm forced to capture CBS and FOX on the QAM tuner for this
reason.

There's really no penalty in having a different lineup for both
devices.  Since there will almost definitely be at least some
variance, I would advise doing so.

Robert