[mythtv-users] UK users - more Freeview services becoming available

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 10:12:38 UTC 2011

I just spotted this in today's El Reg. Considering I spent most of yesterday
doing a full rescan it answers a number of questions I had...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/06/freeview_iptv/

Now, every mythtv box has an internet connection, doesn't it? Is there any way
we can leverage this new facility? I'm not suggesting we attempt anything
illegal, you understand, but if there's free streams available could we access them?

I might even suggest that it could be possible to access subscription stuff as
well, but as I don't know how that would be arranged - probably not some kind of
smart card, I wouldn't think - that would be for future investigation.

--

Mike Perkins