[mythtv-users] lirc and Fedora 15 IR is slow and, sometimes missing keys

Giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 12:19:14 UTC 2011

Hmm I'm not sure about this because I can't remember if irw was working
okay for me... It is possible that your remote isn't in /etc/rc_keymaps/
or that it is incomplete. Reviewing the link below, it's also clear that
lircd must use the devinput driver - I'm not sure which one you're using
at present. Do check and try the things I've suggested. All is not lost
if your remote isn't in rc_keymaps, although you'll have significantly
more work to do, as you'll need to create a custom file.
I worked things out after reading through this thread: