[mythtv-users] Green Screen

Jason Collison jcollison at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:58:09 UTC 2011

Thanks

I guess it would of been helpful to say I am running the frontend on a
windows computer to test the backend before i start setting up boxes
around the home.
I do have an nvidia card in the windows box.
But I thought VDPAU for setup for Linux systems

I still tried changing the settings to each one and still no change

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2011 11:14 PM, Jason Collison wrote:
>> I am getting a green screen when going to Live TV
>> I am using a Hauppauge HD-PVR
>> using "cat /dev/video0>  test.ts" works fine
>>
>> Also have not gotten the IR on the HD-PVR to change my channels or
>> power on/off the cable box.
>>
>> But would like to get video working with in MythTV first
>>

> What Playback Profile group?  In mythfrontend settings,
> Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Playback, 3rd screen, try choosing
> Slim or, if you have an nvidia video card capable of VDPAU, one of the
> VDPAU options (I'd suggest starting with VDPAU Slim and working your way
> up).
>
> Mike

JAson Collison
-There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand
binary, and those that don't.
-When you need to knock on wood is when you realize that the world is
composed of vinyl, naugahyde and aluminum.