[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 22:34:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Ken Truesdale <kat at tiac.net> wrote:
>Also, I'm disappointed to report that my monthly fee for my new cable card will be $6.45.  I had >been previously told by one person it would be $1.50 and by another that it would be free.  But >apparently, because I already have a dvr STB, cable card is considered an "additional outlet".  I >may still call and see if I can argue this point later.

from http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=5993d5c8-c8a4-44f7-96f4-def06cced0db

"The first CableCARD in a retail device (e.g., TiVo devices or
CableCARD equipped televisions) is free to Comcast customers. If a
second CableCARD is needed for the same device (i.e., TiVo Series 3
boxes), the cost is $1.50 per month for the additional card. Again,
this ONLY applies to a second CableCARD in the same device."

Ron