[mythtv-users] kernel 2.6.39 and lirc 9.0 problems

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sat Sep 3 18:59:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM, leo weppelman
<leoweppelman at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I used this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-104541.html

I've had no luck with Gentoo 2.6.39 and lirc 0.9.0 (I'm using the imon
reciever in an Antec Veris case.) I finally managed to get the events
to be generated (KEY_UP, KEY_DOWN, etc.) as listed by "ir-keytable -t"
(and they worked at a console prompt - for example pressing the "UP"
button on the remote would fo to the previous item in the shell
history) but MythTV would just sit there at the main menu - not even a
physical keyboard hooked up to the machine would work in MythTV. I
gave up and went back to 2.6.35 with 0.8.7 which works great.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,