[mythtv-users] How do I retrieve channels from schedules direct for FIOS?

James virtue at rocketmonkeys.com
Thu Sep 1 15:41:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you should read this thread and possibly do what Michael
> suggests in the last post:
> /Brian/

Thanks for the link Brian.  I actually found that thread just before
you posted, and I was able to get it working.  The last post did not
work for me:

mythfilldatabase --sourceid <number> --do-channel-updates \
--only-update-channels --do-not-filter-new-channels

I'm not sure why, but it produced 0 channels.  It may have given the
"no channels to fetch" or something.  I had to do the instructions
here (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime)
posted in that thread message #3.  It's a strange & complicated
procedure, but it actually worked.  I wonder why setting up a tuner
with a video source and pressing "fetch listings" doesn't work, but
creating a dummy recorder and doing the same thing does.  Weird.  At
any rate, I have my listings working great.  Thanks guys!