[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:15:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 11-10-30 10:14 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>
>> So you pad all recordings for that night, and then when you watch them,
>> you spend a minute or two in edit mode marking off the beginning and
>> ending of the show so all the rest is skipped.
>
> Of course, this only works so long as your recordings are all on CBS.
> But as soon as 21:00 rolls around and your tuner is scheduled to switch
> to another station (that did/does honour it's schedule) you lose the end
> of whatever is now running over the 21:00 mark.
>
> Yes, I could get more tuners, but really, I should not have to spend
> more money to do what I could do if CBS were to just manage their
> schedule better.
>
> b.

I run into tuner problems occasionally even when I just go through all
the shows and set the "start late" and "end late" settings (after
finding out when 60 Minutes started), because those offsets create
overlaps that would not otherwise occur.  That causes situations where
I never have more than three things recording at once, but still get
conflicts with three tuners.  Oddly enough, this didn't happen to me
last night because the game ran things exactly 30 minutes late.

I watch NFL games a lot by the way.  The real solution is for CBS to
quit being a bunch of butt-holes and do what the other networks
do...schedule a throw away show of some sort after the afternoon NFL
games and cut *that* short when it's needed.  It would be one thing if
it only happened once in a while, but they've created a situation
where their schedule is *always* wrong during the NFL season unless
they don't happen to air an afternoon game...the late game is *never*
finished by 7 PM.

Tom