[mythtv-users] Why does mythfrontend open 6,040 files...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:28:54 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Jeff Siddall <news at siddall.name> wrote:
> On 10/28/2011 11:29 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> You appear to have a badly broken copy of the theme.  It's opening all
>> those files because it's trying to find all the possible suffix
>> variants of the missing file.
>>
>> Get a complete copy of the theme and your issue will go away.
>
> I haven't manually installed any themes and according to yum this is all
> I have installed:
>
> bash-4.1# yum list installed *themes*
> Installed Packages
> mythtv-themes.i686                    0.24.1-277.el6  @atrpms
>
> I know there are a ton of people using Axel's myth packages.  Does
> everyone using his packages have broken themes?

On RPM Fusion we just retired the mythtv-themes package since they are
no longer shipped upstream. You're expected to use the built-in
downloader now. Now we just ship mythtv-base-themes which just has
Terra Mythcenter, and Mythcenter-wide (I think). You could try
removing the package to see if it helps... I believe several of the
themes have been updated to use mythui features. It could be that the
ones you have installed are too old and are causing problems...

Richard