[mythtv-users] Upgraded the Ubuntu 11.10 and not Myth can't connect to MySQL

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 11:56:11 UTC 2011

This could be the problem!

I've just run phpmyadmin and tried to log in.

I have tried every password for 'root' that I have ever set up (all
stored in KeePass), and I don't seem to be able to log in.

Does upgrading ubuntu reset or change the mysql password? That can't be
right surely!

Any ideas how to work out what's going on?

I've just thought .. another explanation of not being able to log in may
be that the mysql server still isn't running properly. Maybe the
passwords haven't changed??

I don't know. I'm lost here.

Damian