[mythtv-users] Mythbackend won't start (segmentation fault)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:36:10 UTC 2011

Hmm... none of the updated packages jumped out at me that would cause
both the frontend and backend to have issues.

Considering the frontend only, maybe it has something to do with the
new nvidia drivers? I haven't yet updated to the 285 series on my F14
combined FE/BE box.

You could try running the frontend manually with strace to see if
anything jumps out at you, but sometimes it can be a needle in a
haystack.

strace -o mythfrontend.log mythfrontend

As for mythbackend, try running it (as root if it normally runs as
root) from a terminal and see what the output looks like.

Richard