[mythtv-users] Much confusion about lirc and mythtv

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Oct 27 21:08:01 UTC 2011

In trying to find valid information about installing and configuring LIRC,
The thing that troubling me is that many of the how-to's, wiki's and
articles I have seen contain NO DATE.

My mythbackend version:  [v0.24.1.
For kernel version, the command  "uname -a" produces:
      Linux debian 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 9 20:23:16 UTC 2011
x86_64  GNU/Linux
Is there a stable release of Lirc that will work with my OS and mythtv?

Where is it documented which release of the linux kernel includes the
lirc kernel modules.