[mythtv-users] how to make 0.24 more like 0.21 ?

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:55:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Marco Nelissen
> <marco.nelissen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I updated my myth box the the latest MythBuntu yesterday. On the plus
> side,
> > I'm finally rid of Gentoo, have a bigger harddrive without bad sectors (I
> > hope), and have myth 0.24.
> > On the flip side, myth 0.24 is... different, even after 12 hours of
> > tweaking.
> > My two main remaining gripes are:
> > - failed recordings now show up in the "watch recordings" list, which
> they
> > didn't before
> > - hitting <right> on a recording just switches back to the show list on
> the
> > left, instead of bringing up the context menu for the recording (the one
> > that allows you delete the recording)
> > Is there a way to tweak these two things so they behave like they did in
> > 0.21?
>
> I don't know what to say about the failed recording issue, but for the
> other issue, if you compile your myth from source, I've written a
> patch that allows that feature to be restored. You'll need to patch
> the code and recompile, and then you'll need to manually make a small
> tweak to whatever theme you use. You can get the patch for 0.24 from
> here:
> http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.24/index.html#ButtonListTriggerEvent

Thank you both for the patch, but I was kinda hoping not to have to build
and maintain custom versions of anything anymore. For now I'll just assign a
different button on the remote for this, and see if we can get used to it.
A more serious issue is that playback now isn't as smooth as it was before.
Video halts for a fraction of second, though CPU usage never peaks and
neither the frontend nor the backend log anything when it happens. My video
card isn't VDPAU capable, but you'd think an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ should be
able to handle ATSC video without problems.