[mythtv-users] Mythbacked on ESXi 5.0

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 24 21:17:22 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 16:31, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Actually, it's working quite well.  I was able to change comflagging
>> from low priority (23 minutes for an hour show) to medium priority (now
>> 3 minutes!!)
> Wow - that's impressive! I lke the sound of that.

Well no... not really.  Low priority mode causes mythcommflag to insert
sleeps into its loop, so it purposefully only uses a fraction of the
CPU.  It is intended for use on systems where simply running 'nice' is
not sufficient to prevent it from breaking recordings.  Changing it to
medium simply means mythcommflag will now run as fast as the CPU allows.