[mythtv-users] PVR-150: VBI/NTSC Closed Captions => garbled recordings

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Oct 24 17:19:24 UTC 2011

FWIW, I get closed captions just fine on PVR-150 recordings with mythbuntu 10.10 & mythtv 0.23.1-fixes. What resolution and bitrates have you set in the recording profile for the PVR-150? I've been using the following settings for my MPEG-2 Encoders Default profile since I first started using 0.20.2:

Video parameters:
Width: 720 (I think this is the most critical setting in getting good recordings with CC data)
Height: 480
Stream type: DVD
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Avg. bitrate: 2050 (gives about 1gb/hour, although not the best quality)
Max Bitrate: 9000

Audio parameters:
Sampling rate: 48000
Bitrate: 224 kbps.
Volume (%): 90

The other profiles are similar, only changes are to the video & audio bitrates.

HTH,
Helen