[mythtv-users] X-Factor Scheduling Snafu

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Wed Oct 19 13:48:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 11-10-19 08:17 AM, Kris B. wrote:
>> I am in deep with the wife... X-Factor last night was scheduled
>> (according to Schedules Direct) to run from 8-9:30pm, EDT, October 19th,
>> 2011.  In actuality it ran 8-10pm...
>>
>> 1. Did anyone else have this issue?
>
> Nope.  My schedule for last night shows it as being 2hrs long.
>
>> 2. What can I do to prevent this?
>
> Make sure you have accurate and up-to-date data?
>
>> Should I change the command from
>> mythfilldatabase to mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all?
>
> That's what I do.
>
> b.

You could just add enough padding to the schedule so that it is sure
to record the whole program.  I've done this for one of my wife's
shows that has been running half an hour behind since the NFL started
up.  I've actually doubled how long it records.  The extra disk space
for this is no big deal since we delete it after she watches the show
and it doesn't cause any conflicts on our tuners.