[mythtv-users] Occasional 376 B recordings from Ceton card

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:34:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Juhani Rautiainen <jrauti at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Erik Jensen wrote:
>
> > I am running 0.24-fixes with the latest Ceton patch, and I am getting
> > occasional 376 byte recordings. Sometimes it only causes me to miss
> > the one recording, but other times the backend completely stops
> > working until I notice and restart it, causing it to miss several
> > recordings. During the time it is non-responsive, there is constant
> > activity on the recording drive. Any ideas what the problem could be?
>
> This might be related to this ticket:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9261
>
> Atleast symptoms match symptoms my system has. Although I haven't noticed
> any extra disk activity. Have you tried to make gdb backtrace?
>
> > Thanks
> > -- Erik Jensen
>
> - Juhani
> --
> Juhani Rautiainen                               jrauti at iki.fi

I have had this happen during two time periods when Comcast randomly removed
my CC from my account and I was no longer entitled to any channels.  I now
know that when all of my new recordings are suddenly 376 bytes, that it is
time to call Comcast.  Your symptoms seem to happen randomly per recording
as apposed to all or nothing in my case.  Not sure this helps, but may
trigger a thought with Ron or someone else.  Good luck.

-Tom