[mythtv-users] Question about DVD navigation

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 18 16:54:04 UTC 2011

When I use MythArchive I usually use the MythCenter-Animated theme
because I find this has fewest problems with the Myth video player; but
it's not well suited for discs with a large number of short tracks for
infant viewing. The 'Simple' theme will play such tracks in sequence and
will by default insert Chapter markers at 5-minute intervals in each.
I've only been able to move these (to distinguish between tracks that
all start the same) by editing the created dvdauthor.xml file.

After doing that I have a disc that plays continuously or can be stepped
forward and back in my stand-alone players and in vlc (using
shift/B,N,O,P), but I have not been able to find any way of doing this
in the internal player.

PageUp and PageDown claim to be  Previous Chapter and Next Title
respectively but don't deliver.  The menu/navigation option seems to
need menu pages.  Am I missing something?

John P

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-80-g1de0431
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63