[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:12:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Ozzy Lash <ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's my first shot at the script. I'm sending it to the list as an
>> attachment. Not sure if it's going to get scrubbed or not. Let me know what
>> you think. I'd love some feedback.
>>

> I tried it out, although I commented out the UPDATE to the database.
> (Good thing too, as I hadn't put the correct sourceid in, and it would
> have updated the wrong source). It might be good to put in a flag to
> turn off writing to the database.
>
> It also seems to me that you could get the channels from the database
> by using a "select channum from channel where sourceid=X" where X is
> the sourceid to be updated. (That is how I got my channel list).
>
> It did point up a few channels that I have wrong.  Some of them would
> be fixed by the update from the script.  I did find a few where I have
> multiple entries for the same channum which I need to fix.
>
> I'll play around with it some more, and see if I have any other suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Ok, one thing that I notice is that I have a few channels that are
available at 2 different virtual channels. I have them in my clear qam
lineups at one channel number, but it seems the one liste by
streaminfo is a different one.

It seems that the script doesn't deal with this too well (it seems to
take the highest programid and use that)

Here is a sample from doing this by hand:

lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 set
/tuner2/vchannel 223
lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get /tuner2/program
3
lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get
/tuner2/streaminfo
1: 183 WCIU HD
2: 184 WPWR HD
3: 357 WWME-TV
4: 360 U Too
5: 358 Me Too
6: 359 This TV
control
tsid=0x434

So it seems that channel 223 is marked as 357 (and,  if I look at my
lineup, they are the same channel) But if I look at the debug output
for your script I see:

Channel 223:
Freq is 711000000, mplexid 110
ProgID = 6, Call Sign This TV
For Source 1, mplexid is 110 ProgID is 3
Channel 223 updated to mplexid 110, service 6

I should move the channel, but I think the script should at least
throw a warning that it didn't find the channel number in the
streaminfo.

Bill