[mythtv-users] Mythpreviewgen

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:10:18 UTC 2011

2011/10/15 Taylor Ralph <taylor.ralph at gmail.com>:

> If you are running ext4 on the backend you can try disabling barriers.

Hello, I am using EXT3 on the system hard disk and XFS on the
recording disk, I must check some here?

The system disk is a 2.5 160GB, here is all the software and the mysql server.

> On the the frontend I assume you are using VDPAU. In the case of VDPAU
> you can provide more video buffers by setting vdpaubuffersize=32 in
> the filter section of the video profile.  This will help the frontend
> handle longer periods of no data transfer.

I just configure the buffersize to 32, I have a laptop to run the
frontend without VDPAU and there is too little playback stops.

> One more thing to check is to make sure you are not running "VDPAU
> Advanced" playback profile since the ION can not handle Advanced 2X
> deinterlacing for HD material. You should run "VDPAU Normal".

On the ION backen/frontend I have this configuration on VDPAU:

VDPAU Slim:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau3.png

> And make sure you are running the very latest code since an audio fix
> was recently committed that could trigger playback glitches.

Which is the fix? I am using debian.multimedia repository package:
http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/package/mythtv.php

> Regards.
> --
> Taylor

Thanks for your help, I don't know what else to try, I will appreciate any help.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano