[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success & Question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 01:09:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> Well, sort of.  If you have both a clear QAM tuner and a cable card
> tuner, you currently still need to maintain the mappings to get the
> clear qam tuner to work.  There's not yet any automated way to use the
> mapping table from inside an HDHR Prime to tune a standard HDHR.

This wasn't what he was asking about, though.  He was asking about his
channels on his Prime.  He wasn't asking if the Prime would be
maintaining the channels for his other devices.

> I've looked into scripting this, but it really feels like a hack.
> Ideally, I'd like to use the same video source for both my Prime and
> non-Prime HDHRs, but that's a lot of work.

Why would you want to use the same source?  The reason most (all)
Prime purchasers will buy it is because it gives them more programming
than a regular ClearQAM tuner.  Therefore they *can't* use the same
video source.  They have different capabilities.

And who cares how many sources you have, anyway?

Robert