[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success & Question

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 12 01:04:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> The biggest PITA with the ClearQAM channels is maintaining the virtual
>> to physical channel maps. I have taught myself over the years how to
>> manually manipulate dtv_multiplex and mplexid to maintain those
>> mappings. Imagine my joyous surprise to see the new HDHR3-CC channel
>> lineup with mplexids of 32767.
>>
>> So my question is, will the HDHR3-CC maintain those effing mappings for
>> me? Looks that way to me.
>>

> There's no mapping to maintain, really.

Well, sort of.  If you have both a clear QAM tuner and a cable card
tuner, you currently still need to maintain the mappings to get the
clear qam tuner to work.  There's not yet any automated way to use the
mapping table from inside an HDHR Prime to tune a standard HDHR.

I've looked into scripting this, but it really feels like a hack.
Ideally, I'd like to use the same video source for both my Prime and
non-Prime HDHRs, but that's a lot of work.

Eric