[mythtv-users] Extending recording and offsetting following recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 10 15:02:57 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 09:25, Newbury wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2011-10-10, at 8:16, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 10/10/2011 07:29, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> Is there any kind of option to handle this?
>> Nope.
> Wrong. In the Recording Options for each show under 'Scheduling Options' (second line down) you can set Start Early and End Late settings.
> But you will have to do it for each affected show.

Sure, you can create new overrides for each upcoming recording on that
channel, and mark each override as extending late, but that is hardly an
"option to handle this".  There is no mechanism to do that automatically
for the next several shows on a station.  There was formerly an external
script that would monitor various web pages to determine if sports
events were still ongoing, and extend that specific recording, however
it didn't do anything for further recordings on that channel, and I
doubt it still works.