[mythtv-users] myth 0.24 does not use second tuner in HDHR

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Oct 9 20:36:27 UTC 2011

On 10/9/2011 16:27, R KANNAN wrote:
> I can watch all channels fine on tuner 0. But when the first tuner is
> used by another client (Windows) on the network, myth does not switch
> to tuner 1.

Correct.  MythTV expects it will have dedicated access and control to
any recording hardware it knows about.  If it does not have dedicated
control, then there is no possible way it can properly schedule
recordings, as the available tuner count would be arbitrarily changing.

> I have two input connections using the two tuners and the same video
> source. One thing I don't understand is the input  group 1 and 2 for
> both input connections.

Input groups are only to be used when you have multiple tuners defined
that use mutually exclusive resources.  An example of this would be
using both firewire and analog capture from a single set top box.