[mythtv-users] myth 0.24 does not use second tuner in HDHR

R KANNAN rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:27:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am using MythTV (0.24) with HD Homerun tuner on Mythbubtu 11.04. I can
watch all channels fine on tuner 0. But when the first tuner is used by
another client (Windows) on the network, myth does not switch to tuner 1. I
get a message saying "Error: Channel change failed". I have tried hitting
'C' for changing inputs but that does not seem to do anything.

I have two input connections using the two tuners and the same video source.
One thing I don't understand is the input  group 1 and 2 for both input
connections. When I set up the connections it seems to have added a new
group called 'HDHOMERUN_1030CB-1' and set the Group 1 for the tuner 1 to
that  group  . I keep switching it back to generic and it seems to be
resetting it.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks