[mythtv-users] how to apply mythtv patch?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 9 16:20:40 UTC 2011

On 10/09/2011 10:56 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
>> i'll leave it till it's been merged in and try a mythbuntu update later in
>> the week. being mythbuntu, i dont know where anything is - it pretty much
>> just works so i dont get involved with the installation much - i'm still
>> somewhat unfamiliar with linux file systems and methods - learning slowly
>> though!
> it's just occured to me that i need the source files to apply this patch
> (and then re-compile i presume)! that'll be why i cant find it in my install
> - mythbuntu doesnt come with it by default!
> i'll wait till the patch is released in the mythbuntu repo's and update it
> that way.

Yeah, that's likely the easiest way--no sense switching to self-compiled
just for this.  It's in master (as of f135d5d5e @ 2011/10/09 09:04:53
-0700) and 0.24-fixes (as of cb01f3079 @ 2011/10/09 09:13:13 -0700),
now, so you should see it in mythbuntu's 0.24.1 (fixes) repo (
http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos/ ) tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for the quick reply, Mark.

Mike