[mythtv-users] Few seconds missing in recordings (progress with analog overlapping?)

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Oct 7 12:45:17 UTC 2011

> Thanks again for writing in. I guess I don't "absolutely" need the few
> seconds in my current setup, barring a couple of scenarios where the
> time went off by 5 seconds and I would have liked to see the credits
> of the programs that showed up then :)
>
> > early/end late.  If not, set a start early/end late of 20sec or so, and
> > set, "Avoid back to back recordings," and that's as good as you can get
> > without more tuners.
>
> I'll try this for sure and see how this works :)
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Bye for now

Hope I am not beating a dead horse here - my suggestion also would be to
make sure your clock is up-to-date with a good NTP server (usually taken
care of my a distro, but not always as was in my case not updating).
For most shows, the start up is on the money - for a few NBC shows where
they have the little bits during the credits, I just extend the
recording by a minute.  Also, with a multirec "virtual tuner" setup, the
thursday shows where this happens for me, I think the card just uses the
same card and makes two recordings (but I might be wrong).

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com