[mythtv-users] MythVideo audio sync

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Oct 5 19:54:53 UTC 2011

On 10/5/2011 15:32, Stefan D wrote:
> I have a GeForce 9400GT graphics card.

The 9400 is a first generation VDPAU card, meaning it did not have full
support for VC-1 in hardware, and thus playback was initially disabled.
However, I had thought that a later version of the VDPAU libraries
picked up the entropy decompressor in software, allowing VC-1 playback
across the entire lineup.  What is your CPU load when trying to play
this?  What is your CPU?  Have you tried using the Slim profile?

> VIDEO:  [WMV3]  1280x720  24bpp  1000.000 fps  5030.4 kbps (614.1 kbyte/s)

1000fps is a bit disconcerting.  Is this from something like a hardware
encoder in a video camera, or is it possible this is a botched software
encode?  It could be that mplayer is discarding that value as absurd,
while MythTV is trying to do what it is told.