[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Oct 5 19:39:08 UTC 2011

On 10/5/11 3:20 PM, Martin Ellis wrote:
> In regards to this discussion thread:
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-October/321913.html
>
> No known graphics cards actively support CEC, most do not actually
> terminate the CEC wire to any form of logic circuit.
>
> No known consumer motherboards have CEC support (including a driver
> stack) and only 1 known board exposes the CEC wire to allow a device
> to tap into it internally and this was released in June.
>
> The library libCEC is designed to work against the Pulse-Eight adapter
> only, it is not a generic library that will work against any 'CEC
> bridge' hardware.
>
> The library is also GPLv2 suitable for mythtv and we would welcome the
> integration and happy to support it in any way we can.

Thanks for the info, Martin. My immediate ambitions are pretty modest:
to write a commandline utility (or just use the text program you wrote)
to turn devices on and off from the PC side. Perhaps somebody else can
work on full integration, to change channels in Myth and the like via
the TV's remote without an IR receiver, ala XBMC.