[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:46:52 UTC 2011

+-----------+-------------+-----------+
| networkid | transportid | serviceid |
+-----------+-------------+-----------+
|        47 |          22 |      1035 |
+-----------+-------------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.04 sec)

> Are your/were you in BBC land and have/had some special tuning program?
> I'm looking at the log with:

Picked it like a dirty nose!  Yes, I was in BBC land and did play around
with scanning programs in an attempt to tune to DVB-S2 when BBC switched
over.  I could tune using scans2 (going from memory) but mythtv still
wouldn't tune.  I gave up since I knew I was shifting soon enough.  I will
dig out more info/background later if needed (on lunch break).

>   GetBootInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
>   SI_TuneIndexInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
>
> and: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9867 (its too new, but a hint.)
> I don't know how this is set up. Perhaps just -v mheg logging will be a
> clue.

I'll try to take a look tonight.

> Since you already deleted all cards & channels and rescanned, my next
> step would to be more logging, as in -v all (or all,debug if that exists
> in 0.22) looking for more hints. And that would be for both mythbackend
> and mythfrontend.  With vi or less, look at the output and search for
> 3035. See if there's a query result that shows the table being accessed
> etc.

I'll try to take a look tonight.

> Good luck,

Thanks, appreciate it Bill.