[mythtv-users] EIT questions

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 20:52:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions about EIT. (I live in Phoenix, AZ and have Cox cable,
> I get my schedule info from Schedules Direct).
>
> Does anyone know if Cox cable even braodcasts EIT?

Generally, if there is any EIT, it will be on broadcast channels only, as
the cable company does not add any to their own broadcasting.

> What type of signal carries EIT? (analog, digital, or both)?

Digital only.

> How many hours/days ahead does EIT information usually provide for?

In the US, generally no more than a few hours to a day.

> Is EIT info as accurate/comprehensive/reliable as information from
> Schedules Direct?

Not even remotely.

> What happens if I have already am using Schedules Direct data and also
> enable EIT on my tuners? Does mythtv somehow merge the data or does one
> source automatically have priority over the other?

If you enable both, you will have tons of missed recordings as the two fight
for dominance.  It's a semi-common mistake.

Robert