[mythtv-users] Schedule, tablet and mythweb

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sat Oct 1 21:44:41 UTC 2011

Op 1-10-2011 9:12, Sven Bretfeld schreef:
> Jos Hoekstra<joshoekstra at gmx.net>  writes:
>
>>> But one question. How do you stream with Mythweb on Android? I have a
>>> Motorola Xoom. Using Mythweb with the stock browser works well for
>>> schedules, checking status etc. etc., but not for streaming. When I try
>>> to stream a video or recording, an asx file is downloaded to the
>>> SD-card, but it cannot be opened by any player I have installed (stock
>>> player, RockPlayer, VLC-direct). Yes, Adobe FlashPlayer is installed on
>>> the device, but the browser doesn't start it (it's not a separate app,
>>> but a browser-plugin).
>> When I go to mythweb>>  recorded programs>>  click the program I want, I
>> get  flashplayer which plays the file for me. Disadvantage is not being
>> able to skip and sometime performance with older Analog recordings.
>> I have the separate player installed, before that no flash-content
>> showed up. Don't know when and if I set up the streaming, I recently
>> only changed bitrate settings so I could use mor bandwidth of my fiber.
> Hm, doesn't work for me. I have just noticed that even on a normal
> desktop (Kubuntu 11.04) Firefox just downloads the asx file and hands it
> over to the system's Videoplayer (Totem). There must be something wrong
> with my flash-support, probably on the backend (Mythbuntu 10.10).
> flashplugin-nonfree is installed on all my machines. Is there anything I
> have to enable for Mythweb to send and receive flash streams?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven
I you haven't set it up, you might needto go to: MythWeb >> Settings >>
MythWeb >> 'tab' VideoPlayback and enable. You might need to adjust
videosettings there as well depending on your connectionspeed. Since I'm
on fiber I chose 8000 Kbit to be sure all my recordings will be streamed
without too much transcoding and without tinny sound.

Regards,

Jos