[mythtv-users] Play Myth ts recordings on Humax PVR

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Nov 30 16:37:56 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 10:34, Andre wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2011, at 15:12, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2011 06:15, Andre wrote:
>>> This is a little OT but I'm not getting anything useful from the Humax PVR community...
>>>
>>> I'd like to be able to play the odd mythtv recording on my girlfriend's Humax Foxsat HDR, according to the numerous wiki's&   forums the HDR should be happy to play transport streams (named.ts) containing mpeg2 or h264, SD or HD.
>> That unit doesn't even have network access for pulling software updates,
>> much less for accessing content from other devices.
> It plays media stored on an external USB drive, just not Myth's transport streams, yet anyway.

When I pulled up their page, I accidentally looked at the freeview box
rather than your freesat box, which has neither network nor USB.

>> In any case, I fail to see how this would have any relevance to MythTV,
> Apologies if this is considered inappropriate.

It's not so much that it's inappropriate, but as explained, this is a
MythTV mailing list.  People are here specifically because they are
using MythTV, and not one of the other hardware or software PVR
options.  It's just not a place you're likely to find experience in
modifying competing hardware.