[mythtv-users] Play Myth ts recordings on Humax PVR

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Nov 30 15:12:27 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 06:15, Andre wrote:
> This is a little OT but I'm not getting anything useful from the Humax PVR community...
>
> I'd like to be able to play the odd mythtv recording on my girlfriend's Humax Foxsat HDR, according to the numerous wiki's&  forums the HDR should be happy to play transport streams (named.ts) containing mpeg2 or h264, SD or HD.

That unit doesn't even have network access for pulling software updates,
much less for accessing content from other devices.  A brief glance
through the manual doesn't even show that the hard drive is intended to
be user serviceable.  I highly doubt it's just going to play random
video files it finds on the hard drive.  It's going to need the content
referenced in some internal database to provide information about what
it is, where it is, and when it was recorded.  It's the same reason why
MythTV does not accept arbitrary files into its recording section, but
instead requires that content be accessed through MythVideo.

In any case, I fail to see how this would have any relevance to MythTV,
other than the comment that the recordings originated from a MythTV
system.  MythTV is intended specifically such that you don't have to use
such devices.  I doubt you will find anyone around here with much
experience with yours in particular.