[mythtv-users] Play Myth ts recordings on Humax PVR

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Nov 30 11:15:26 UTC 2011

This is a little OT but I'm not getting anything useful from the Humax PVR community...

I'd like to be able to play the odd mythtv recording on my girlfriend's Humax Foxsat HDR, according to the numerous wiki's & forums the HDR should be happy to play transport streams (named.ts) containing mpeg2 or h264, SD or HD. It suffers from the fat32 4GB limit but reads ext3 disks too so that's no problem.

I've formatted a spare 500GB disk as ext3 and copied a few short recordings h264 1080i with ac3 audio, changed the file extension to .ts but so far no sign of life from the HDR, from it's menu's the disk appears blank. I've checked permissions and everything is world readable, I copied a recording back from the HDR successfully so it's seeing and reading the disk successfully just not my recordings. It adds some metadata files as well as the .ts but the ts looks plausible and mythavtest plays the file fine, looking with mediainfo the HDR recording is labelled as BDAV and the myth recording MPEG-TS but those ought to be sufficiently similar??

I was wondering if anyone here has a Foxsat HDR and has successfully used it to play European TV recordings?

One day we'll set up a media PC or MythTV system there but for now this would be useful so any advice/ experience would be useful.

Andre