[mythtv-users] Can't locate videos in mythvideo

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:23:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:41 PM, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 12:33 -0600, Kurt Woolford wrote:

>> now
>> list the

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain mounting the NFS paths on
the Frontend for Video/Recordings is now deprecated.  StorageGroups
are instead preferred.  Instead of mounting the same path on every
frontend, you define the StorageGroups on the backend one time and all
the frontends are able to read the files through the backend.  So this
does mean you have to mount the SAN on the backend.  I think what
you're doing should work too, but I'm not sure for how long.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo#Storage_Groups

Matt