[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Nov 29 22:40:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 04:45:40PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 13:39 -0600, David Engel wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I've been looking over the code and it looks good. The few places
> > > where I found things hadn't been implemented yet, like the signal
> > > monitor, this was highlighted by a "TODO".
> > >
> > > I should be able to apply this very quickly.
> >
> > Cool.  I was going to bring this to your attention after I reviewed
> > the code.  Now, I don't have to! :)
> >
> > I think we might want to handle compatibility with Ron's 0.24 patch
> > differently when this gets committed to master.  The 0.24 patch used
> > "<ip>-<1-based-tuner>" in the videodevice column while the new patch
> > uses "<ip>-<0-based-card>.<0-based-tuner>".
> <snip>
> I wonder if we should just switch to using RTP all the time,
> we would still want to switch to zero based indexing but I
> believe we wouldn't need the card # in there then.
>
> I've tested the RTP based reading and it appears to work
> great + it will be what the final OCUR tuner will use so
> this will give that code a better workout more quickly.

That'd probably work.  I hadn't checked the code, but assumed the card
number was only to open the right device file.  No device file then no
need for a card number.  Ron, you've probably tested both device and
RTP access quite a bit.  Do you know of any reasons to prefer one over
the other?

David
--
David Engel