[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Nov 29 19:42:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> I've been looking over the code and it looks good. The few places
> where I found things hadn't been implemented yet, like the signal
> monitor, this was highlighted by a "TODO".

yeah, I never came up with a way to deal with that. I know on the HD
Homerun there is a way you can get an actual signal quality value as a
percentage. On the Ceton, all you can get is the signal level (ex:
-1.0 dBmV) and the S/N ratio (ex: 35.0 dB). I don't know how it would
be appropriate to present that info to myth.

> I'm assuming I can add a "GPLv2 or later" copyright header to the
> new files.

Yeah, that's fine.

> Obviously your name should be listed for the Copyright
> line, but can you tell me which recorder you used as a template
> so I can copy over the author info from those?

They were based on the HDHomerun recorder.

>I should be able to apply this very quickly.

A few things. You may have noticed that my patch included my previous
fix to the mpegstreamdata.cpp the you fixed another way yesterday, so
leave that part out.

Also, I was privately conversing with David. The topic came up that,
this new patch uses a deviceid format that is slightly different from
the old version (my 0.24 patch). I told him that my code already
handles detecting the old format and mythtv-setup will save it in the
new format, or if the user never does that, mythbackend will convert
it on the fly. This allows user's of my previous 0.24 to have a
functioning system without anything breaking. David suggested he would
want to handle it differently, as part of a schema update.

--
Ron Frazier