[mythtv-users] FYI: harmony 650 37.99 @ costco (instant 17 rebate)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:50:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Justin The Cynical
> <cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
>> On 11/28/2011 6:26 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>>
>>> I use the MythTVKnoppMyth remote on the logitech tool for my Harmony 1
>>> (used to have a Harmon 880 and used the same setup).  I am guessing
>>> you can use that one.  I can post my lirc related files if you want.
>>> I use devinput with a pvr-350 receiver, so if you are not using
>>> devinput or have a different receiver, I am not sure how helpful those
>>> config files will be for you.  I should probably just post them on the
>>> wiki.
>>
>> Sure, that would be great.  I'm going to be trying to get it to work via
>> my HDHR as the wireless keyboard I was using had a accident with some
>> coffee one day.
>
> Literally, right after I typed that message responding to your
> inquiry, my remote started acting very strange (it was working, and
> then started doing bizarre things).  So I am going to hold off on
> sending any config files until I get it straightened out.

we use Harmony 850 in the living room and one housemate has a Costco
purchased 650, both work fine (within the realm that any Harmony
"works"...). My big peeve with them is they use the horrible
"activity" model which makes doing anything outside of the activity
model a royal PITA. which is really too bad because so far hardware
and ease of programing is excellent. If only they operated more like
the Home Theater Master MX-500 I have in my bedroom...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!