[mythtv-users] lirc acting very bizarrely

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:27:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have fixed just about all the issues from my fedora 14 to 16
> upgrade.  However, a new issue just spontaneously came up.  My remote
> was working fine and now, all of a sudden, it is not.  Half the keys
> don't work or seem to be mapped to functions that are not defined in
> my lircrc file.
>
> For example, the OK does nothing.  When I hit the Play key, a big icon
> pops up that is a circle with a slash through it (international no
> sign).  When I hit the keys bound to page up and page down, a volume
> indicator pops up and adjusts the volume.  I have these keys set for
> something different in my lircrc file.
>
> I know this is not a myth issue because when I quit myth, I still get
> these icons with these buttons.  I can't for the life of me figure out
> what application is doing this as I have not really installed anything
> since it was working.  Any ideas?

I somehow screwed things up by adding the following to  /etc/default/grub :
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash rdblacklist=nouveau
gfxpayload=1024x768x24 vmalloc=256M"
and then updating grub by doing  grub2-mkconfig > /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
 per the recommendation of someone to fix other issues.  Not sure how
any of that would have impacted lirc.