[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime, Cablecards and Mediacom Cable

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 22:33:35 UTC 2011

I'm looking for some advice/experience in getting set up with a
cablecard from my cable company (Mediacom). I've ordered the HDHR
Prime which should be coming this week.  I've contacted Mediacom
asking them what I need to do to get a cablecard for my new TiVo (a
white lie that was recommended by someone on this list).  The response
I got (quickly I might add) is that I can pick the CC up at their
office, I just need to  bring in the make and model of the TiVo.  So
the question is, should I continue the charade (and if so, what make
and model should I give) or should I come clean and say it is for the
HDHR Prime running on Linux?

Does anyone on the list have any experience with cablecards and Mediacom?

-- Ken Emerson