[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Nov 28 20:36:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a user of MythTV it really boggles my mind that your patches wont be
> officially supported until two releases from now.

Actually, my patches will never be officially supported. The official
support is supposed to come in the form of the OCUR tuner. My
understanding is that OCUR will be a single universal tuner for all
compliant cablecard devices - HDHomerun Prime, Ceton, probably the
Hauppauge (since it's just a stripped down version of the Prime using
USB instead of IP), and presumably any future devices from other
companies. The OCUR tuner will use the DRI UPnP interface for control
and use RTP/RTSP for streaming.

The OCUR tuner was supposed to be available in 0.25, but due to
priorities and limited time, it never got finished. I was hoping to
lend a hand on it to help out Daniel, but didn't have much luck
initially with figuring out DRI and only recently got around to
dealing with the RTP/RTSP part for this most recent update.

--
Ron Frazier