[mythtv-users] watching mkv movies causes pausing problems

Marc Williams marcjw53 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 03:43:08 UTC 2011

I searched this list but did not see any solutions.  Perhaps I'm the
only person with this problem, even though that strikes me as odd...

I've been running Mythtv quite successfully for a couple of years. I've
ripped my DVDs to mkv format using makemkv and Myth plays them back
wonderfully. Almost. The time remaining, e.g. when paused, is always
wrong. It's wrong by just a little bit (a minute or two) at the start of
the movie and gets progressively worse so that toward the end of the
movie it's WAY off (30-45 mins usually).

I could live with this but the worst part is that when resuming from
pause it returns to where IT thinks I paused it, not where I really
paused it. In other words, If I pause a 2:00 hr movie at the 1:55 mark,
it states that I've paused it at the 1:20 mark and that's where it will
resume from. I've learned to NOT pause movies, especially toward the end.

I'm now running .24 and this behavior has pestered me since .22. I
should've gotten around to asking about this a long time ago.

Should this be reported as a bug?  Any help or advice welcome. Thanks!