[mythtv-users] Is V4L support being removed in 0.25?

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:01:07 UTC 2011

It seems BE can change channels no problem. Scheduled recordings were
done. It cannot be a big problem, it's just some FE quirk. Actually,
the channel gets changed when I do it from FE, it just wont play it
until it times out and exits. Then when I go to Watch TV again I can
watch desired channel. Very annoying.

Meanwhile watching livetv with this, lets me do the timeshift:

$ cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/foo & sleep 2 ; mplayer /tmp/foo

I believe there was even a bug open for .24 regarding this very same
issue which didn't get much attention.

--
Cheers, Saul