[mythtv-users] Sky+ HD channel change script failing

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 21:13:29 UTC 2011

On 23/11/11 20:40, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 19:55 +0000, Dave Pearson wrote:
>> [snip]
>> Hi Lawrence,
>>
>> I'm not so sure about the Sky+&  Sky +HD boxes using different codes -
>> I'm using the old Sky+ remote and it seems to work perfectly.
> Well my Sky+ box doesn't respond to a SkyHD RC and nor does it respond
> to an original Sky RC but I haven't tried a SkyHD with a Sky+ RC - YMMV.
>
>> I am, however willing to try changing the scan codes - I'm just not sure
>> what I should be changing ;-( I presume it's in the general.conf file,
>> here's a snippet of mine:
> [snip]
>
> This file looks like it's per distribution.  The codes seem to be
> inverted to what I read using my MCE receiver and a patched kernel:
> http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/list/?page=3
>
> e.g. for a Sky RC I see: POWER 0x0c
> For a Sky+: POWER 0xc0c
> And with a SkyHD RC: POWER 0x5c0c
>
> I've never tried editing these files by hand before but I would try:
> bits            16  # Actually it's RC6A-20 i.e. 20-bit
> POWER     0xA3F3
> TV_GUIDE  0xA333
>
> i.e. 'or' the complement of 0x5cff to each code.  Maybe adding the extra
> bits will break lirc.  If that's a no-go I would generate a new config
> file using irrecord:
> http://www.lirc.org/html/irrecord.html

OK, I tried amending the general.conf file, so that it looks like this:

begin remote

   name  sky
   bits           16
   flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
   eps            10
   aeps          100

   header       2691   890
   one           427   460
   zero          427   460
   pre_data_bits   17
   pre_data       0x3FF3
   gap          149845
   min_repeat      2
   toggle_bit      0

   rc6_mask    0x100000

       begin codes
           POWER                    0xA3F3
           TV_GUIDE                 0xA333
           BOX_OFFICE               0xA382
           SERVICES                 0xA381
           INTERACTIVE              0xA30A
           INFO                     0xA334
           UP                       0xA3A7
           LEFT                     0xA3A5
           RIGHT                    0xA3A4
           DOWN                     0xA3A6
           SELECT                   0xA3A3

Unfortunately that hasn't worked, I get no indication that the Sky box
has received anything from the remote. I'm wondering if I need to adjust
any of the settings in this section of the file:

   name  sky
   bits           16
   flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
   eps            10
   aeps          100

   header       2691   890
   one           427   460
   zero          427   460
   pre_data_bits   17
   pre_data       0x3FF3
   gap          149845
   min_repeat      2
   toggle_bit      0

Maybe to adjust signal strength or duration, unfortunately I don't know
what each setting means.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Dave.