[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:23:00 UTC 2011

On 23 November 2011 14:58, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wednesday, 23 November 2011, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>>

>>> All that, at the same time, on just 16MB of memory?  I would have
>>> expected that 200MHz MIPS to be swamped just with echo cancellation and
>>> G.729 compression for a single call.
>>
>> Hence why today you should buy an Asus RT-N16.
>> 480MHz MIPS, 32MB flash and 128MB of RAM
>>
>> Cost the same as the wrt54gl but with 802.11N support
>
> Any other recommendations on models or where to find information?  I
> am going to pick up a new N router on Black Friday.

well i use the cisco/linksys E4200 without any issue. based on the
linksys forums there are some reported issues with USB connections.
i just use it as a wifi/router though. bought it specifically as it
did independant 2.4 & 5ghz networks (i have 2.4ghz issues in my
house). it also has active work in either the DDWRT or OpenWRT
projects, so any limitations i may encounter i can move to one of
those.