[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

José Silva jsantossilva at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 21:36:41 UTC 2011

On 22-11-2011 20:56, Harry Devine wrote:
> I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and the firmware on it doesn't support
> DHCP reservation by MAC, which I'd like to do to give my original HDHR
> and HDHR Prime static IP addresses. I was reading up on dd-wrt and was
> wondering if anyone is running it. Will I be able to do this with
> dd-wrt? Was it hard to install/setup?

I'm running dd-wrt (v24sp2 std-nokid) on two Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 routers
located at remote sites and it does an amazing job (vpn between the two
routers included).

Yes, it does "static leases" per MAC address which is what your looking
for, and no, it wasn't difficult to set-up. I believe it's also very
simple on the WRT54G, just follow the wiki instructions.

It does a lot more than that, by the way; I installed an 8 GB SD card,
as per a known mod, and installed "Optware" on the card, which is kernel
2.4 compiled for mips. With that, I have ftp, ssh, asterisk, cups,
samba, you name it, on this tiny thing. It even crossed my mind to
install mythtv on it.

rgds,
jss