[mythtv-users] Problem playing video file

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:39:15 UTC 2011

On 20 November 2011 17:44, Stefan D <raptorjr08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, i missed that information, i'm running 0,25-master. Did my latest
> update a week ago or something.

It looks like the the low bitrate stuff may have impacted on playback
of avi material which should be fixed soon. That said, those patches
only went into master 5 days ago and it's impossible to say if that is
your issue or not. You haven't supplied any logs or described the
playback problems.

> But am i wrong in assuming that if it works in mplayer it should work in
> Myth?

Yes.

mplayer and MythTV use the same ffmpeg libraries to handle parsing and
decoding of media files. mplayer will however be using a different
version of those libraries and the MythTV version differs from the
upstream version for various reasons. But that's about as far as it
goes in terms of similarity and there is still plenty to do before you
have something playing back on screen.

regards

Mark