[mythtv-users] Channel scanner questions

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:06:20 UTC 2011

How is duplicate channels recognized?
Sometimes i need to rescan because the cabel company have made changes so
some channels can't tune. And every time i do this all my channels end up
in a real mess, and i need hours to get it right again. Channels i already
have is added again, and some channels get other channel numbers.

Am i using it in the wrong way? I want/need to change channel numbers to
get the channels in the order i want. Is it possible to use the
name/callsign to find duplicate channels or update channels when scanning?
It would be nice to only have to rearrange the channels one time, and then
the channels only get updated tuning information when i scan the next time.

/Stefan